Aftercare for Waxing
Please be aware of the following precautions for 24 hours after treatment:
• Avoid heat treatments such as sun beds or sunbathing.
• Avoid hot baths, steam room, sauna or any heat treatment.
• Avoid deodorant or perfume (for underarm waxing).
• Avoid make up (for facial waxing).
• Avoid tight clothing.
• Avoid aerobics or any exercise.
• Avoid scratching the area.
• Avoid swimming pools due to the chlorine.
• Avoid perfumed moisturisers or body lotions.
• Avoid talc, make-up or false tan.
• Avoid massage over the area.
• Do – apply antiseptic cream to treated areas 3 times in the 24 hour period following treatment.
• Do – if your skin feels hot after treatment, bathe with a cold salt water solution regularly in the hours following treatment, this reduces inflammation and speeds up the healing process. (Add half a teaspoon of salt to one cup of boiling water and chill).
• Do – apply a sun block daily to prevent sunlight from interfering with the healing process for 2-3 days following treatment.
Regular exfoliation using a body scrub to exfoliate the skin will help to prevent in-growing hairs. Regular moisturising will also help to keep the skin supple.